Friday, September 24, 2010

Thanks!

This week I saw just how blessed I am.  This week was very hard, much harder than I imagined.  But, there were many of you who made it easier for me.  I got wonderful emails, messages, text messages, cards and gifts from family and dear friends.  I can never explain how much your words, thoughts and gestures meant to me.  I wanted to share a poem that my friend, Sarah, shared with me.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there,
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight
On the ripened grain.
I am the gentle Autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there.
I did not die.
My Spirit is still alive…

No comments:

Post a Comment