Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bring the Rain

Chris and I have been taking a class a church for the past few weeks and it has been so wonderful!  One week, we talked about listening to God.  Hearing God speak to you can be very difficult.  Lately I feel that God has been speaking to me about losing my dad.  The biggest sign I've gotten is from a song.  You may read Angie Smith's blog (if you haven't, you should--but get your tissues ready first!).  There is a link to click if you've never been there before so you'll know her story.  Through Angie's blog I found the song "Bring the Rain".  I've always like the song, but lately I've really felt that God was speaking to me through this song.  I posted the song below but this is the verse that really hit me

"there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain"

Although I don't understand why my dad had to leave this Earth so soon, I trust God completely.  I trust that this is part of his plan and I realize that I may never understand it.  There are days when the pain is so great that it's even difficult to breathe--I love and miss him so!  For me it took something painful in my life for me to renew my faith in God. I now realize that God is the key to my healing and that he is such an important part of my life.  He has blessed my life so much! God's plan is so much greater than ours, his plan is beyond our understanding but we have to trust in his plan.  Without complete trust in him, I wouldn't be able to get through each day. 

I have more thoughts on this, but I'll save them for another day.  Enjoy the song below!

"Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me




2 comments:

  1. Great song...love Mercy Me, every time i hear "I can only imagine" i cry! It speaks to me the same way. Don't know if you've heard "praise you in this storm" by casting crowns but it is GREAT. one of my all-time faves. Brie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I pray that you find peace and comfort in his passing. I lost my father at the age of 15 and although each person's grief is unique and handled differently, I can promise you that time heals the pain and the memories will eventually bring you joy rather than tears. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete