Thursday, April 1, 2010

Loss

Chris' grandfather passed away this week.  He was 90 years old.  He had been sick for years and he had not been himself in a long time.  We were relived that he longer feels pain, but it was still a hard week for the family.  We have great memories of him.  One of my favorite memories of him is at our wedding.  We have a picture of him clapping and smiling.

As we left his service on Wednesday, I couldn't help but think of a song by Mandisa.  (Don't laugh, I never thought I would like her music either but I LOVE it!).  The song I have been thinking about is "You Wouldn't Cry".   It describes a person who is now in Heaven and the words are so encouraging.  It describes how there is no pain in Heaven and that we would not cry for lost loved ones if we could see them now.  I really love this song!  You can listen to it below.  You might want to check out her whole CD, I also love "He is With You" which describes how God is always with you no matter what you are going through in your life.  Almost every song on her CD is really good.
 


1 comment:

  1. Ok, so this song has tears pouring down my face, just like last night when I went to see "the thorn" at seacoast. God has been reminding me this week, quite frequently, that this was Grump's miracle. He's no longer imprisoned in a parkinson's ridden body, but instead finally LIVING in the way that God intended. Thanks for posting this song. It couldn't be truer. We should all be so blessed to be in a place where there is NO suffering, no crying, ONLY joy.
    -Brie

    ReplyDelete