Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Anniversary

31 years ago today, my parents were married!  Today was a little sad, but we all ended up focusing on the positive side of things just as he would have wanted us to do.  I think that my mom's Facebook status today was a perfect description of hope:

"Thirty one years ago I walked down the aisle of St. Andrew's Episcopal and into the arms of the man who would change my life. I thought then he was my true love, but now I know it. I am comforted by these words: "The Lord I have placed my trust in tells me that I will see my husband again, and while He stands beside ...me, He weeps. He cries because I can't see what he can."






When you lose someone you love, Heaven becomes real.  It is hope that keeps us going.  It is hope that helps us get up each morning and live our daily lives.  And even though our hearts are heavy, it is the hope and promise of eternal life with my dad that makes all the difference.

"Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
-Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment