Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Changes

It hit me this week that my time as being a summer stay at home Mommy will soon be over.  I have loved getting to sleep until my little alarm clock wakes me up each morning, making him breakfast and watching cartoons together, heading out on a morning walk, spending time with friends and family, going out on the town, taking naps and hanging out at home.  I know I should be grateful of this time with him, but I can't help but feel sad that I'll be heading back to work in a few weeks.  I do enjoy my job and I'll be working in a new school which I know it will bring me new of challenges and changes which will be good for me.  Don't worry, I plan to rush home each day to get my little guy and treasure each moment I have with him.  I know it will be hard for me but I also know it's what I need to do.  Believe me, I've tried every idea to stay working part-time or stay home and I've prayed my heart out, but me working is the best thing right now for our family.  I plan to remain positive and remember that I am blessed to work with children and hopefully have an impact on their lives.  I am very blessed to have been able to work part-time and to have the summers off.  Noah will be in good hands with Chris' mom during the school year so I have no worries!  I plan to cherish these next few weeks! 

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4


1 comment:

  1. I just found found your blog from Jenna's Journey. I will pray for you as you go back to work, yet remember your son will be none the worse for it. I have a friend who is going back to teaching this fall also and I know it is a hard decision for her. How fitting the scripture with your post is!

    ReplyDelete