Friday, August 13, 2010

Back to Work...

I survived my first week back to work!  It was so crazy and busy it went by pretty fast.  I really think that I am going to enjoy my new school.  It has been hard meeting new people, learning about new children, and figuring things out but I'm sure things will settle down soon.  Plus, the other SLP at my school is out on maternity leave and a sub for her will be there soon.  (For now, I get to work with Harriet, our speech head and one of my closest friends so I'm enjoying her!)  Everyone has been so nice and so friendly!  The children start on Monday so we'll see how it goes!  I have missed all my friends at my old school, but since Chris is still there, he's been giving me all the updates.


I must admit that the start of school really has me missing my dad.  The beginning of school was his favorite time of year!  He always couldn't wait to see the children again after a long summer.  I did have a little moment on my way home on my first day because he was the one person I really wanted to call and tell him all about my day. 

Noah had a good week too.  He was pretty worn out!  It was a little tough for him to start getting up early again, but he did have a great time with his Grandma this week (and Aunt Bri)!   Chris and I have been really enjoying our afternoons and evenings with him since we miss him so much during the day! 

Now, we are excited to enjoy our weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment