Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Motherhood

Isn't it funny how God speaks to you when you need to hear it most?  The past few nights Noah has been a mess and has gotten up during the night screaming.  He acts like he is afraid of something and has a really hard time getting back to sleep.  Needless to say, Chris and I have been very tired lately.  Well last night I picked up the book "Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God". 

I have been trying to incorporate this book into my nightly prayer time and last night's chapter was just what I needed to hear.  It reminded me that if we spend too much time complaining and worrying about motherhood we may miss the opportunity to grow with God.  God's plan may include plenty of hardships being a mom.  It's important to remember that God is the one that gave us the amazing privilege to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment